Monday 24 September 2012

Tan Sri Tatparanandam Ananda Krishnan




Something interesting to share to you guys today.

Just in case you don’t know who is the handsome guy above, let me inform you something amazing about him.

Tan Sri Tatparanandam Ananda Krishnan is a Tamil Malaysian of Sri Lankan Tamil origin businessman and philanthropist. According to Forbes latest annual list of wealthiest people, Tan Sri Ananda Krishnan is the fourth wealthiest man in South East Asia and ranked 93th wealthiest man in the world. Nicknamed TAK, he is now currently estimated to have a net worth of US$ 9.9 billion.

Ananda Krishnan was born in 1938 in Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur's "Little India" to Tamil parents, who were Sri Lankan immigrants. He studied at Vivekananda Tamil School in Brickfield, Kuala Lumpur and furthered his studies at Victoria Institution, Kuala Lumpur. Later, as a Colombo Plan scholar, he attended the University of Melbourne, Australia for his B.A. (Honours) degree majoring in political science. During that time he boarded in the Melbourne suburb of Hawthorn. Following that, Krishnan obtained a Master in Business Administration at Harvard University, graduating in 1964.





What had he done that made him such an amazing and a successful entrepreneur? First of all, he is a businessman. Krishnan first entrepreneurial venture was a Malaysian consultancy Usaha Tegas. He set up Exoil Trading which went on purchasing oil drilling concessions in various countries, then went into gambling sector in Genting, stud farm in Australia and runs a Hollywood cartoon studio. He started to diversify as he enters the multimedia industry in the 90’s. Currently, Tan Sri has multiple business interest which he is well-known including those within the media (ASTRO), satellite (MEASAT) and telecommunication (MAXIS) industry to name a few. On top of that, he also owns  Tanjong PLC, which provides us TGV cinemas. He is just a fantastic guy.

To add on some interesting fact about Tan Sri, the pictures below shows his house in Australia.





He gives a name for his house and could you guys guess what the name is? Its called “Kia Ora” which is a Māori language greeting in other words mean “welcome”. This multimillion dollar house consisting a large open deck space, a heated swimming pool, two fireplaces, beautifully landscaped gardens with stunning native plants, and breathtaking views from all sections won the prestigious 2006 Housing Industry Association Hunter Home of The Year Award in Australina House of the Year contract.


Ananda Krishnan who is a self-made billionaire keeps a determinedly low profile but is rapidly expanding his business empire. In a rare interview, given in Malaysia, he said “ I have heard some people say I have a low profile. Why should somebody be high profile, anyway? I am just doing my job. If you say I have a low profile then by definition it menans I should be high profile”. I totally agree with his saying as we should be down to earth all the time although we are successful or wealthy.



Another amazing fact about Tan Sri is his family, married with 3 children, his only son, Ven Ajahn Siripanyo is actually a monk. How wonderful to know about that? The son is a heir to billions but he lives a life as a forest monk instead. In a news article by Business Bhutan, “ The monk who flew in a jet” , when Tan Sri invited his son for a meal, his son politely rejected him. He said he is now a monk and just like other monks, he had to beg for his food. He  now has to depend on other people’s generosity to sustain himself. A point to think of, why would a the son of an immersely wealthy family becomes a monk? For a very good reason of course.

The picture highlights the meeting of Tan Sri Ananda Krishnan and his son during his son meditation retreat in Penang HIll on April 24, 2012.

Tan Sri Ananda Krishan is also a devout Buddhist. How wonderful… Tan Sri is also popular known as a great philanthropist, especially in the field of education. Tan Sri also funds scholarships and school programs. I am so excited to read that Ananda Krishan has a son who has decided to devote his life to the Three Jewels. Doing so is not only a great blessing for himself but also for his father and family. I rejoice and pray that Mr Ananda and his family will always be blessed by the three Jewels just like when Siddhartha Gautama left his palace and riches to seek enlightenment.





46 comments:

  1. The son of a billionaire is a monk...that's great info bro!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just amazing to hear or see that a son who can inherit his father's billions of fortune but choose to live a life and devote himself as a monk

    Truly a man worth acknowledging!! xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tan Sri Ananda Krishnan is truly a man that every Malaysian should be proud of!!

    You have make Malaysia proud sir!!!

    I respect you with all my heart!!!

    Keep on the good work!!!

    =))

    ReplyDelete
  4. EVERY PERSON MUST HAVE A GREAT DREAM IN THERE LIFE...AND ASO MUST DO THAT DREAM BECOME TRUE...TAN SRI AK SIMPLY SUPERB...

    ReplyDelete
  5. proud to be malaysian.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nothing to be proud of this ananda krisnan. many of his indian brothers and sisters in deep shit hell of low life sometimes have to rob to buy food. yet with all his billions what did he do? does he care? at least he hire all those indians to work with him. he invested billions in india and left his malaysian indian brothers and sisters beg for BR1M. asshole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. stupid comment leave

      Delete
    2. Please rethink before you gave such inconsiderate comment to him. Did you know him very well? If not, please do not comments based on your own assumptions without getting the facts.

      Delete
    3. perhaps... more investigations on this issue would be more helpful
      😊
      πŸ™

      as we do not know the full story
      😊
      πŸ™

      Delete
  7. In life we must gifted to get

    ReplyDelete
  8. Proud of Tan Sri , really wish to see him for once and interview him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey,may i get his contact number or email address??.im searching in website but couldnt get any contact number :(i want to apply for his education loan. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing comes free in this world.Its all about his hardwork.Salute sir.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing comes free in this world.Its all about his hardwork.Salute sir.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello A.Krishnan, let me introduce myself. I am Jarrad Justin, from Ipoh. By profession I work as Site Engineer or Site Supervisor, but I still finding hard to sustain here. I am thinking of further up and completed my degree in Civil. I would like to have a little sponsorship please.
    2013, I received a placing at UNITEN in NZ, due to my financial, I post-poned until today sad that my IELTS paper need to re sit. I determine this time around.
    Be thank full if I could get a sponsor from you.
    My contact details:
    dschustin@yahoo.com
    +60166646931.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. Home Loans

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want like met anandha kerisnan

    ReplyDelete
  17. My name is Dammika Bandara from srilanka. Sir I would like to being contact with you. If you can send me your email it's a great opportunity to me.I want to get some advice from you.

    Thank you sir.
    Best regards
    Dammika

    ReplyDelete
  18. sir, i would like to being contact to you..if u can send email..i wan get some advice ..its very helpfu for me

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sasikala Gunaballan, use faster channel.Go to MIC and do a press conference especially during the election campaign where many people want to be seen as a hero.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gd mg uncle.My name sarasvathi n I have one lovely daughter n but she is Autism child.I'm a single mother.I cannot work because nobody want take care of my child because she Autism spectrum disorder.Pls help me for food,for study n monthly have to pay rent for my living place.Pls help me. My contacts number 0167391114.(My ic num can search real details about me n daughter.Tq pls please help for my oku daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Please help i want meet uncle Ananda krishnan pls please give me I chance for met him.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LIKE YOU SO MUCH SIR.I WANT TO BECOME AS YOU.YOU ON OF MY ROLE MODEL SIR.TARVIN RAJ 0183648244.IF I LUCKY KINDLY REPLY ME SIR.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Mr. Ananda Krishnan, I really need your help. If can please call me at 0123730399. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi sir you are my role model.. I try to hard working like u.. One day i wil be ter hope.. But no one help me to coming up.. I wan to be someone in life n wana help lot of people in suffering like me.. I just wan one opportunity to show my talent in business.. Plz sir or anyone read tis hope contact me currently im doin own debt collection.. I need more support.. 0182239667..

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is my last hope keeping in touch with u . I was victimized by Astro . I was ex Astro staff for 14 years.I was a performer . And I'm a single mother with 2 kids been declared bankrupt by Astro for higher management manipulation. I was victimized by higher authority. I don't need anything from you but I need justice. I need back my roof of living. I need to survive to keep feeding my 2 kids. I NEED JUSTICE.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear Mr.Ananda Kirshnan sir,
    I need your contact info regarding to scholarship to complete my studies. My contact info : jevendra5547@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm searching for a job. Pls help me sir

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm searching for a job. Please help me sir

    ReplyDelete
  31. My son got good marks in 2019 PT3 and daughter too got good marks in 2019 UPSR. I'm looking for a foundation scholoarship for my son whom ambition is to be a doctor. Would appreciate sir if your good self could revert on something for my children. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  32. perhaps... more investigations on this issue would be more helpful
    😊
    πŸ™

    as we do not know the full story
    😊
    πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  33. hi sir my name is nitha sir I hv financial problum pls help me sir

    ReplyDelete
  34. Did you get his email info

    ReplyDelete
  35. Dear Tan Sri Tatparanandam Ananda Krishnan, I would like to meet you for once. Not for money, just for an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sir if can pls give me a job...i need a job..i m working for a company with low salary...if can pls help me sir..

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ayya can help me my daughter

    ReplyDelete
  39. People in this comment section is just delulu

    ReplyDelete